Monday, March 2, 2009

Pomegranate Packs a Punch


I love Pinkberry! Unfortunately, there aren't any Pinkberry locations in AZ. But every time I visit my friend and fellow holistic healthcare provider, Jason, in Los Angeles, we make daily trips to the place. Just yesterday, Jason called to brag that they Pinkberry launched a new flavor: Pomegranate!

Although I won't be eating their pomegranate yogurt anytime soon, I can still enjoy the many benefits of the whole fruit. Pomegranates have been found to have antiviral and antibiotic effects. The fruit (and juice) can destroy cavities and help ease the effects of food poisoning instantly!

Although pomegranate season typically runs from October - January, you may still be able to find some of the fruit at your local Farmer's Market, grocery store or your neighbor's yard!

No comments: